Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Saka no Ue no Kumo DVD


Went to my local asian dvd store looking to see if I might find Kazoku Hotei and Pandora 3 and could find neither. I have a feeling that its probably impossible to find HK English subbed Wowow doramas cause I didn't see any of the Pandoras or Shokuzai. I think there's no way I should be a best of 2011 list without watching Pandora 3. Looks like I'm going to have to rely on Jadefrost's synopsis and hope it doesn't have too many medical/science terms.

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure jdoramas have THX sound. *sarcasm* I just hate sitting through it everytime the disc starts.


However, what caught my eye was Saka no Ue no Kumo. I think someone mentioned it in the comments before. Its got Abe Hiroshi, Masahiro Motoki who I usually see in movies, Kanno Miho and Kagawa Teruyuki who I've seen in even more movies. There are 3 parts to the series and they were selling each individual part for aud$20 but the box set for all three parts in 5 dvds came to $45.

Discs 4 and 5 are behind the two discs on the right facing away.

The wiki says that there are thirteen episodes but the first dvd already has 4 episodes. Maybe the later discs have 2 episodes per disc only or something. Too lazy to check each one. The subs are typical direct from chinese translation with is always a problem with names and are probably auto translated. Better than no subs, especially for a historical series.


I need a bloody long weekend with a bucket of KFC hot and spicy and 4 litres of coke in order to consume this dorama in one shot which I don't expect to be doing anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...