Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Kodama Kiyoshi has passsed away.


That face look familiar? If you are a jdorama fan, you must have seen him at least twice, usually playing the calm old dude role. I was looking at his wiki and I was surprised that he has been in so little doramas in the past 10 years compared to someone like Kita Yoshio who is in everything. From what I can gather from his Japanese wiki, he is most famous for hosting this quiz show called Attack 25 which started in 1975. He did a crazy amount of movies in the 60s though.

While I've only seen Kodama Kiyoshi as a supporting actor, there are two shows that I will always remember him in. The first is Bijo ka Yajuu/Beauty of Beast where he plays this veteran newscaster that Matsushima Nanako wants to oust. His claim to fame is his legendary report on a bank robbery years ago which was finally revealed in a climatic payoff. One of the most memorable side stories in jdoramas I've seen.

His second memorable role was in Shikaotoko and I don't want to spoil the surprise but it was really fun watching him play something different from his usual character. RIP Kodama Kiyoshi and its a shame your last show had to be Code Blue 2. If you haven't seen the above mentioned doramas, I encourage you to do so because they are bloody good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...