Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Ohyama Yurika - Kind of Blue


Best album of the year. To be fair, I haven't been listening to many albums, mostly singles. However, I've been listening to Kind of Blue everyday for the past month and I've yet to get bored. If you haven't heard of her, its because she's not a jpop idol but rather a folk song singer. My exposure to Japanese Okinawa folk music has been limited to Begin, Natsukawa Rimi and of course Hello Project's Folk song series.



Generally they're like most of Kiroro's songs. Easy listening, catchy but you can't listen to them for long. Somehow I find myself addicted to Ohyama Yurika. Yes, its only been a month but goddamit, the most of the songs are fucking excellent and varied.

The best song is Chiisana Koi no Uta. It has a quick beat, very catchy and shows her singing range well. Good song for walking to work in the morning. Big thanks to Yui-Tokyo on jpopmusic for uploading the album. Special mention for the song Erabu no Komoriuta. I just love this line: 'Saiki no kodomo no dejinadon, anime mita sugu famicom.' Kinda describes my life. :)



Unfortunately the mediafire link for the album has been deleted but I highly recommend getting it if you can find the album. You can get the PV for Chisana Koi no Uta from http://ladyteruki.free.fr/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...