Sunday, December 31, 2006

Boku no Aruku Michi ep 11


Without a doubt the best show of the season. Slow at times, but everything builds to nice little moments. I wasn't crazy bout the show but I had a lack of interest in other doramas while waiting for the subs for the final episodes. (the lack of quality shows this season may have something to do with that as well) And this show proves that the Japanese should stay far away from fatal disease shows and sticl to shows about disabled ppl.


I love that Teruaki's brother is given more attention for the last episode. For me, his point of view is the most interesting of all the family members and I just wished they could have done one episode from his eyes. Its sucks that his wife suddenly became the model housewife though. A leopard does not change its spots.


Basically, I wished they could do more with all the other characters. The strength of this show is that the characters gain depth through their interactions with Teruaki and to me its more about the journeys that they go through rather than Teruaki's. And Teruaki's sis needs more screentime dammit.


Miyako-chan is hot. I blame my parents for my lack of a bijin osamanajimi. I just find her subdued acting somehow works very well with the tone of the show. There's a lot of repitition and routines but when things change a little, it speaks volumes. I'd love to see how she acts in other shows.

And the ending is excellent. Its got the KDO just another beginning feel but the conversation between Miyako and Megumi sorta gives a prediction of the future. Its a damn shame that not many people are watching this compared to crap like Tatta Hitotsu no Koi so if you're onlly watching one show this season make it Boku no Auruku Michi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...